The Wood Between the Worlds

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Past Three Days

Today we celebrated Mary's birthday at Bubba Gumps. The restaurant was good, although they messed up Ruth's order and she didn't get her food till we were almost done with our meal. I got a free umbrella though. It's huge. I love big umbrellas. On Friday I saw Harry Potter - I forget what this one was called, the fifth one in the series I think. It was good, for someone who has not read the book I was still entertained and could understand the story plot so that's a plus. The spells were a bit cheesy though. I mean they say a word and wiggle this dorky wand and a huge spell comes out, how is that difficult? heh this one guy couldn't do it properly because he wasn't flicking his wrist correctly. Silly. But I guess the main thing was meant to be mental, one's mental concentration...something along those lines and that can be hard to control I guess. There were many allusions also, and as a Christian I found them quite interesting, although I won't expound on them. On the way back I realized I locked my keys in my car. We asked the guards to break in...They couldn't, even though they tried for half an hour. Somewhat comforting to know they can't break in, but also annoying because my sister then had to drive to Eastwood and bring me another key. Also there are many people back in my island who are completely messing up my daily routine and causing me to be somewhat melancholy. They’re just going to leave so it's kind of hard to become friends with them again in just a few weeks only to say goodbye to them. I'm in this middle place where people come to visit and then leave again. It’s annoying, no closure; a wood between the worlds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home