The Wood Between the Worlds

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

So what are we here for anyway? I was just reading a thought that one of my friends, who went to Faith with me, posted. It made me pretty sad though. He was completely confused about life. here's what he said:

"If you think in complete human terms, it's like you live to make babies. You give birth, give your children love...all of it, then watch them leave when they turn eighteen, you die, and then it happens again. Seems like all my parents' love, just SO much love, is just so that I could grow up to be eighteen. I don't think anyone gets me. "

How sad is that?! What I immediately thought of when i read this post was that his parents were not to blame. But who is to blame for this feeling that my friend, as well as probably most western teenagers, feel? I believe you can trace it back to the western way of thinking. I know that sounds a bit lame, not pointing out one specific thing that's to blame, but an entire culture. But it appears to be the case.

The US and other countries influenced by the West, are pushing and compelling their people to be totally independent, to look out for number one because no one else truly loves or cares about you. Sadly this push for independence is causing young adults to become completely messed up. As evidenced by my friend, they feel alone, as though no one understands them and as a result they end up doing stupid and often damaging things to themselves and others around them. The sad thing is, their parents feel a lot of pressure as well. They feel as though they have no right to guide their children once they've reached the age 18 and this is a completely un-biblical perspective, one of the Devil's greatest triumphs in this world today.

1 Comments:

  • :)
    It is always easier to blame some one else (no effort needed, nor energy is required).....
    Yes, the effort at first is required as you are to look inside yourself and find your own purpose or things make you happy (if you like in easier terms)... but once you learn to depend on yourself and enjoy your life - people will 'fly' to you like butterflies to the light!!!
    .... no need to blame parents or education or anyone/anything else..... each has life of his/her own! You/Us are lucky we have someone to learn from or to take exactly the knowledge we need from.....

    .......... :) :) :)

    By Blogger Skinny Rich Coach, at Thursday, November 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home